The Museum of Witchcraft in Boscastle, Cornwall, houses the world's largest collection of witchcraft related artefacts and regalia. The museum has been located in Boscastle for nearly forty years and is amongst Cornwall's most popular museums.
Please feel free to click to enlarge images:
WITCH MUSEUM CELEBRATES 50 YEARS
This year the Museum of Witchcraft at Boscastle in north Cornwall celebrates the 50th anniversary of its original foundation. It was in 1951 that Cecil Williamson, an ex-film producer, tobacco farmer and wartime secret agent, opened the museum at the Witches Mill in Arbory Street, Castletown, Isle of Man. Williamson subsequently sold the building to Gerald Gardner and moved his collection to new premises in Windsor Street. Unfortunately he was asked to move on by representatives of the royal family who did not the idea of a witch museum on 'their patch'. In 1955 he moved the museum to Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds. Local opposition, including an arson attack, eventually forced him to move to the Witches House on Boscastle harbour in 1960. In 1996 Williamson retired and sold the building and collection to the present owner Graham King. Three years later Williamson passed to spirit, but thankfully the museum is in very safe hands for the future.